So, what is it?
In short, this will be a chronicle of my personal Journey into Java. I have 4 main goals with this project:
- Re-learn the Java programming language
- Build an awesome game I have in mind
- Learn how to develop Android mobile apps
- Get in the habit of blogging more regularly
With that in mind, for the succeeding of the first goal, I'm going to be digging through an old textbook of mine from when I took an Intro to Java course. That should serve as the perfect starting off point.
So, why should I care?
As I take this journey, in the early stages, it should double as an excellent tutorial for anyone who wants to learn basic programming in Java, and how to achieve such things. As things progress, I hope that it will also serve as a good 'trial by fire' tutorial for Java game development - how to start from scratch and build something, laid out step by step, with hilarious commentary. Finally, once the mobile development begins, it should also be a great tool for beginners in that area.
Really, I'm just hoping to make all the mistakes so that others can have an easier time with it. Lets hope I succeed!(?)
The first step will be covered in the my next post entitled: 'Step 1: Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Set Up the Java Runtime and Java Environment Variables'.
No comments:
Post a Comment